Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Believe to Believe

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted;
      he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. (Psalm 34:18)

My spirit has felt crushed for quite some time. I feel like I will never get my head above water. Finances and a bad living situation has me down. Husband can't find a job (therefore, no med. insurance) just makes it worse. My job is interesting, but I'm not good at it. So, I have to worry about doing at least well enough that I won't get fired.

I need faith. I'm a skeptic, but I want to be a true believer. I'm the doubting Thomas who wants to have the faith of the woman who touched Jesus' robes. She knew she would be healed, and because of her faith, she was. How did she get that faith? Where does it come from?

But how can I have faith without faith? It's a conundrum. I want faith, but I need faith to get faith. Arg. Does it just appear one day?

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you to place your faith in Jesus Christ alone. I wrote a blog post today on this topic:
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2012/02/have-faith.html
    Love and prayers,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete