Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Old Testament

The past week and a half, there has been a lot of Leviticus reading going on. And I realized something; in almost 30 years of going to church, I don't think I've ever heard a sermon on tabernacle-making, sacrifice-instruction or what animals you should or should not eat according to Leviticus. No one teaches it. And I have certainly never heard a pastor talk about women being "unclean" after childbirth, and unclean for longer if she gives birth to a girl. Does no one teach it because they don't understand either or because it's "irrelevant"? Or maybe it's a touchy subject. I don't know, and according to Google search, no one else knows either. It seems like no one else cares to find out, though. People have written on it, but none have done more than just repeat what it says in their own words. I want to know why it's in the Bible and why I need to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment